As a guy who suffers from back pain, I know how debilitating this can be throughout the day. Back pain can affect so many different aspects of life, from sleeping to mobility, and even putting your clothes on in the morning. I have been there, and I know all too well how back pain can negatively affect your life.
People try a lot of different methods for dealing with back pain including, doctor visits, painkillers, and even surgery. Some people choose to do nothing at all and hope it just goes away.
Been there, done that! I have been down all of these roads and tried other back pain treatments as well.
Why not try something different, something better? Did you know that improving core strength can help relieve back pain? If you are ready to take control of your back pain, instead of the other way around, please keep reading!
- 1 Chirp Plexus Wheel
- 1.1 How does it work?
- 1.2 What is the Plexus Wheel?
- 1.3 Description and features
- 1.4 Plexus Wheel
- 1.5 How to use the Plexus Wheel?
- 1.6 Plexus Wheel benefits
- 1.7 Isn’t this the same as a foam roller?
- 1.8 The good, what I like about the Plexus Wheel
- 1.9 The bad, well maybe not so bad
- 1.10 Warranty
- 2 Conclusion: Chirp Plexus Wheel
- 3 Chirp Plexus Wheel
- 4 Pros
- 5 Cons
Chirp Plexus Wheel
Enter the Plexus Wheel by Chirp, an effective way to get the back pain relief you so desperately need. So, with all that said, let’s get into this review and see how this product can help you!
How does it work?
I will get into more detail below, but in a nutshell, the Plexus Wheel massages your spine and the surrounding muscles. The wheel is designed not only for recovery but also, to help release tension in your muscles allowing your muscles to relax and spine to decompress.
What is the Plexus Wheel?
You are probably very familiar with the concept, rolling out your tense muscles and reach those deep irritating knots that drive you crazy. The Plexus Wheel is designed for upper and lower back pain. The wheel targets tight muscles and helps to align your spine.
The wheel is 5 inches wide so it will easily fit between your shoulder blades, giving you the ability to get those pesky tight spots.
Compared to a foam roller, which will cover a large area, the Plexus Wheel is much more nimble so you can get deep annoying areas you otherwise couldn’t.
Description and features
The wheel is designed with a rigid core with a padded exterior. The hard core is what allows the wheel to maintain its shape and not break down like a foam roller over time. The padding feels nice on your body.
Comes in 3 different sizes:
- 6-inch size is great for deep tissue pressure. This unit will give you the pressure you need to get those stubborn knots. This wheel is more aggressive than the others, so you will need to consider that.
- 10-inch size can be used for medium pressure. If you are looking for some deep massage, but also a good stretch, this model will be great for you. There is a lot of area to cover on you back, and the 10-inch model can help you with that. You will still have the ability to target specific areas, but yet cover a good deal of territory.
- 12-inch size is excellent if you are looking for gentle pressure. This baby will apply the least amount of pressure out of all the models and feels more like the palms of your hands instead of a thumb digging into a knot. You will also get a deeper stretch with this guy.
With three sizes available, you are sure to get everything you need from the Plexus Wheel collection. Whichever size you use will depend on your specific needs, and maybe you decide that more than one will be great for you. One to get those deep pesky knots and the others for a more significant overall body stretch.
The bigger the wheels get the more area they cover, and they will apply a different amount of pressure. These different sizes offer a lot of versatility, and I think that is a great idea to a traditional foam roller.
The prices do vary depending on what you select. You can buy the wheels individually, or as a pack, it’s up to you and your needs.
This model has a ¼ inch of padding on the outside of the wheel, so it is plenty firm. You are sure to be able to get those areas that are tough to get with a foam roller.
The Sport is great for your back, but also other tight areas as well, including glutes, legs, and upper and lower back. This attractive looking wheel will fit the needs of a lot of people, but you may also want to check out the other model that is available.
How to use the Plexus Wheel?
Versatility is the name of the game! You can use the wheel on many different surfaces, including the floor or the wall. On the floor, you can roll on carpet or hard surfaces. Using the wheel on the floor will allow you to get a deeper stretch or massage.
==>CHIRP PLEXUS WHEEL<==
You can also use the wheel against a wall which allows lets you start slow, and then if you need more pressure, you can move to the floor. This is a great place to start if you are new to rolling, or are recovering from an injury.
The choice is up to you and your individual needs, so try different methods of rolling to see what works best. Everybody is different so do what works for you.
The fine folks from Chirp do recommend that you give it a shot for 30 days since each person does have an adjustment, or break in period.
The wheels are very stable, so no matter if you are using it against the wall, or on the floor, you can rest assured you are in good hands. When you use the wheel, a good idea is to find a spot that is sore and hang out there for a bit, like 30 seconds, then move on to another place.
Plexus Wheel benefits
Well, I think we have already covered this, but who doesn’t want to hear about all the great benefits one more time.
The unique 5-inch wide design of the wheel will help you get those tough to reach areas between the shoulder blades. You will be able to roll out your tight muscles and get some much-needed back pain relief.
Use the Plexus Wheel on your hips, back, neck and shoulders to achieve the pain relief that you need!
If you have tight muscles from an old injury (hand raised), or if you work out a lot, you probably understand the benefit of rolling out.
You can also use the wheel to strengthen your core. Again, I have been dealing with back problems for about 20 years, and core strength is essential.
Honestly, a lot of back pain relief can come from building a strong core to help carry the load.
Isn’t this the same as a foam roller?
We touched on this earlier but will discuss that a further. The beauty of the Plexus Wheel is that it will not break down and wear out over time like a traditional foam roller. You can also reach those hard to get areas since the wheel is designed explicitly at 5 inches wide, to fit between your shoulder blades.
As I said earlier, the wheel is much more agile and versatile than a foam roller.
You can roll out as you would with a foam roller, but this is way more portable so you can take it with you wherever you go. It’s much more portable than a foam roller.
The Plexus Wheel lets you get those annoying knots that you can’t reach with a foam roller. I have tried to lay lengthwise on a foam roller to get in between my shoulder blades, and I usually end up falling over LOL.
The good, what I like about the Plexus Wheel
- Anybody can use it. No matter if you are suffering from back pain, or you are a gym rat, you can use and benefit from the Plexus Wheel.
- Improve your core strength. As I can attest, some back pain can be helped by improving core strength, and the Plexus wheel can help you with that. When you use the wheel, you will notice that your core muscles are engaged. So, in addition to a great stretch, you will also improve core strength.
- Portable. You can take the Plexus Wheel with you just about anywhere you go. Given that it’s available in a variety of sizes, you can toss one in your bag when you head out of town. I love fitness equipment that goes with you.
- Helps improve flexibility and range of motion. With the deep stretching offered by the wheel, you will be able to increase your flexibility and range of motion.
The bad, well maybe not so bad
One common complaint is how firm and unforgiving the wheel is. This is something to keep in mind, especially if you have not used a wheel before. The wheel can provide some excellent benefits, but you will undoubtedly have to get used to it at first.
That’s why it is great to start against a wall, where the pressure is not as great as using the wheel on the floor with your full body weight.
Chirp offers a 100-day risk-free trial and a lifetime warranty on their products. It is great to know that the company has your back (pun intended).
Conclusion: Chirp Plexus Wheel
If you are in the market for a great way to rid yourself of back pain, or you are looking to relieve tense muscles, then the Plexus Wheel from Chirp is worth a look. I recommend giving the Plexus Wheel a shot, especially since they are giving 100 days to try it out.
I know that the older I get, I have to stretch more, and that is an important piece of keeping my body running at peak performance. Especially having old injuries, I understand the importance of stretching and trying to keep the knots to a minimum.
Maybe you are in a similar position. Do you work out a lot? Are you recovering from old injuries?
Thank you for taking the time to stop by today! If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. You can also contact me directly anytime.