I love my Xtreme Comforts seat cushion, and I have been using this particular cushion for some time now. In this review, I will tell you how a seat cushion can provide pain relief for an achy back. So, hang in there with me as I walk you through this butt pad and the benefits it offers.
People sit a lot these days, and I definitely fall into that category. I also have a lengthy history of back problems. I have dealt with a lot over the years, and recently tailbone pain is my ailment of choice.
I was very skeptical that a seat cushion could possibly offer me some relief for the pain I was feeling, so I decided to do some research and see what I could see.
I wrote an entire post about a lot of the top seat cushions for back pain available on the market today. Each has its own unique features.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Click here for details.
When it comes to seat cushions, there are several different styles available to suit different people and problems. Some people just need a cushion to add some extra padding to an old office chair. Other people like me need one with the coccyx (tailbone) cutout.
I ended up choosing a seat cushion for a couple of different reasons. First off, I was experiencing pain in my tailbone when I sit. I don’t have this pain when I am standing up, and I do have a sit-stand desk at work. So, this issue I have been dealing with is only a pain in the butt when I am sitting.
The problem is, I sit on my commute to work, sit at work, then sit on the ride home. I definitely take breaks from the daily grind and go for walks, but some sitting is inevitable. I can’t stand all day, and I don’t think that is great either, so varying your posture is a great thing to do when you can.
So I decided I would spruce up my old crappy chair at home with a shiny (not so shiny) new seat cushion. This would provide extra padding to my chair, and give my tailbone a break from bearing all of my weight when I was sitting down.
The Xtreme Comforts pad has been a welcome addition to my life. So, let’s get into that now.
Xtreme Comforts Seat Cushion
For starters, the cover is made from a woven mesh material that is very soft and breathable. I think these are two key factors when deciding on a seat cushion, you want the material you are sitting on to be comfortable and soft, yet be durable, and you definitely get that with this mesh cover.
The mesh material makes the cover breathable, so your body can run cooler and not get sweaty when you are sitting on the pad. This can also help to prevent odor, which I will get into a little bit later. So a soft and breathable cover is essential.
The bottom of the cover is non-slip so you can rest assured your pad will not slide out from under you.
The cushion itself is made from memory foam and will never get lumpy or go flat. The cushion density is consistent and provides the support you need to help in your pain-free journey. So as far as the padding, the support is excellent and it’s also really comfortable.
The cover is machine washable which is such a huge bonus when you are shopping for a seat cushion. First of all, you are sitting directly on the cushion, so this can lead to certain odors not to mention, food and or drinks that may be spilled on the cushion.
I have washed my cushion several times, and it is straightforward to do. Simply unzip the cover, pull it off and put it in the wash. I love the fact that you can wash the cover in the laundry and it doesn’t have to be hand washed. Hand washing is a pain as far as I am concerned.
The cushion measures 18”Wide x 14” Deep x 3” High. This is pretty good coverage for a lot of people, and the pillow can be used in a variety of settings. I have one at home and one at the office. I am honestly considering using one of these in my car also for my commute to work.
As I have previously mentioned, this seat cushion is very comfortable, and the coccyx cutout is definitely a plus. When I use this cushion, my tailbone doesn’t hurt like it does when I just sit on a regular chair cushion.
I have had my cushion for about one year now, and I think it is very durable. The memory foam bounces back after I use it, so the next time I need to sit, it’s ready to go.
The cover is very durable and has been through a lot of use with multiple people in my house sitting on this cushion. I would have to say that durability is not an issue with this seat cushion.
- The cover is removable for machine washing
- The mesh material is breathable and soft
- Your tailbone will thank you
- Reasonably priced
- There are a lot of positive customer reviews
- Portable for travel, or use on hard stadium seats
- No carry handle
Conclusion: Xtreme Comforts seat cushion
If you are looking for a comfortable and durable seat cushion, I highly recommend this pad. The coccyx cutout and the memory foam combine to give you some much-needed back pain relief.
I use my seat cushion every single day, and I can’t go back to life without it. If you are interested in finding out more about this cushion or would like to purchase it, please click the button below.
- Size 18" x 14" x 3".. GET RELIEF FROM BACKACHE & PAIN WHILE SITTING : It's a FACT that flat, hard and even traditionally padded cushion seats cause pressure on your Tailbone resulting in Pain, Poor posture, Improper spine alignment, Decreased blood circulation, Pinched nerves & Orthopedic problems.
- THE ORTHO-SEAT MEMORY FOAM COCCYX SEAT CUSHION IS ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED WITH A DOCTOR RECOMMENDED U shaped cut out, creating a COCCYX COMFORT SPACE that allows your tailbone to "float" rather than being compressed against the seating surface bearing the weight of your body. The CONTOUR SURFACE DESIGN distributes body weight across the seat, relieving pressure points on tailbone and lumbar.
- PROMOTES HEALTHY POSTURE, Proper Lumbar Spine Alignment, Reduced Back Pain, Increased Blood Flow To The Legs & Superior Comfort. Helps Relieve Pain From Back Injuries, Herniated, Bulging Or Degenerated Disc, Sciatica Nerve Pain, Arthritis, Hip Pain, Sacral Joint Pain, Stenosis, Hemorrhoids, Pregnancy And Other Conditions - Experience extreme comfort
- NON SKID ANTI SLIP BOTTOM KEEPS SEAT CUSHION IN PLACE: - Best for Office Chair, Computer Desk, Kitchen, Dining room, Living room, Drivers Patio, Couch, Recliner. Take it with you to Sporting Events to use on Benches and Bleachers. Great for Car seat cushion, Truck Driver, Train & Airplane Travel, Truckers. Place it on the floor for Yoga, Meditation or as a Kneeling Pad Cushion for Tasks. Also Rocking Chairs for elderly and Nursery.
- ULTRA DELUXE BODY ACTIVE MEMORY FOAM keeps its shape NEVER GOES FLAT! It remains uniform in density, conforming to provide you with the support you need for comfortable seating time after time! Your tush will feel the cush. - The durable, zippered removable, black MESH COVER is MACHINE WASHABLE and provides SUPERIOR AIR CIRCULATION AND BREATHABILITY while standing up to tough everyday use - NO QUESTIONS ASKED - MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. If you aren't 100% satisfied, simply return it within 2 years!
Last update on 2019-03-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Also, check out my other post if you are interested in more seat cushions for back pain.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below, I will get back to you as soon as I can. Feel free to contact me anytime.
Thanks for reading!