If you have been searching the internet for a Bowflex HVT review, then you have come to the right place. The Hybrid Velocity Training machine from Bowflex combines cardio and strength training to give you a serious workout. In this review, I will walk you through the features and benefits of the machine and if there is anything I don’t like, I will let you know that as well.
- 1 Bowflex HVT review
- 2 Conclusion: Bowflex HVT Review
- 3 Bowflex HVT
- 4 Pros
- 5 Cons
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Click here for details.
A little bit about me
I have been dealing with back problems for most of my adult life. I am constantly on the lookout for ways to improve core strength as a way to deal with back pain. I believe the Bowflex HVT is a machine that can literally help you build a stronger body, not only core strength but give you an overall full-body workout.
Bowflex HVT review
Bowflex has been designing high-quality workout equipment for years, like 30 years. They are a very innovative company and continue to stretch the limits with awesome new ways to workout. Bowflex does not disappoint with the HVT series.
For many people, getting to the gym is a serious hassle. You go to work in the morning, come home after a long day and the last thing you want to do is get back in the car, pack up all your stuff and hit the gym. Plus there are always a lot of people at the gym and it’s hard to get an efficient workout done.
This HVT is a fantastic way to combine cardio and strength training into one awesome unit. If time is a big obstacle for you, then look no further, as this machine can provide you with a full-body in about 18 minutes. This is a circuit-training machine, which gives you the best of both worlds, strength, and endurance.
One of the great things about circuit training is you will not get bored. With the combination of the variety of exercises and the speed of performing them, you stay busy. When I stay busy, I am usually not bored. These workouts are efficient, challenging and offer variety.
- Dimensions 65.6” L x 46” W x 83” H
- Maximum user weight: 300 pounds
- The weight of the unit: 182 pounds
- 2 years on frame, mechanical, electrical, parts
- 90 days on labor
Workout options with Bowflex HVT
The Bowflex HVT comes with three pre-programmed workout options:
- Sprint (power, speed, and recover)
- Circuit (strength, form, and range of motion)
- Builder (strength and endurance)
- There is also a manual mode, which allows you to choose from 50 different exercises.
Best sure to check out the complete guide to Bowflex HVT workouts.
Other features include:
- 16 resistance levels
- Water bottle holder
- Heart rate monitor
- Four user profiles
The machine does come with three manuals; of course, the owner’s manual, along with a quick start guide and a training guide. The training guide walks through the workout options listed above in detail and shows you how to perform each of the exercises.
For instance, the training guide explains in detail the Sprint workout and shows images of each exercise performed in that work out option. There are “Tips” as well, which tell you how to perform each exercise properly.
There is also instruction for the manual mode exercises, so if you want to focus on upper body, or core, you can do that as well. The training guide is really packed full of a lot of useful information.
The HVT comes with an LCD/LED display, which will display your statistics like, time, calories burned, level of resistance, etc. With four user profiles, the machine can be set up ahead of time with your vitals, so you do not have to waste time to enter all of your data, each time you work out.
Yes, the machine comes with Bluetooth, and you can download the free Bowflex HVT Software App for Android or IOS. You will have access to 50 trainer-led exercise videos. So, if you are a beginner or advanced workout warrior, you can be challenged every step of the way. The HVT Software App will automatically synchronize with MyFitnessPal so you can keep track of your results.
Once you gain an understanding of how the machine works for and with your body, you can create your own workout programs using the HVT Software App.
A dial on the console controls the resistance. You can increase or decrease the resistance of each program depending on your needs. The resistance fan applies the resistance. There are 16 levels of resistance.
To dive a little deeper into resistance, since the machine has fan resistance, the faster you go, the harder the workout becomes. Kind of like an Airdyne bike, when you pedal faster, it becomes harder.
You can select a resistance level and that is a good place to start, but to increase resistance, the faster you go, the harder it gets.
Well, here is the fun part, building the machine. You will have to assemble the HVT or, you can pay for in-home assembly, but what fun would that be right? I enjoy these kinds of things, so for me, it is no big deal to assemble, but for those of you who are not into that, you can always opt to have Bowflex build it for you. The unit arrives in two boxes.
I spoke with Bowflex representative and you should plan on about two hours for assembly. They also highly recommend two people to build the machine. So, remember your friend that owes you a favor? Now is the time to cash in.
The compact design will fit well in just about any corner of your home or office. With strength training and cardio built into one unit, this can serve a great purpose for many people. Bowflex recommends a workout area of 101.3 inches x 117.2 inches to make sure you have ample room to work out.
You will need to make sure that you have a power source close by. The power cord adapter is about six feet long and Bowflex does not recommend using an extension cord with their products.
Routine maintenance includes:
- Daily: Look for loose, damaged or broken parts. Wipe the machine down after each use
- Weekly: Inspect the pulleys and their connections to make sure they are in good shape
- Monthly: Make sure all bolts and screws are tight. Fully inspect the ropes and look for wear (The image shows what you want to look for with the ropes)
Positive customer reviews:
“I have a lower back injury and I use it to keep in shape and build my core strength”
“I was running up to 4 miles on a treadmill before using the HVT. I thought I was in shape. I was wrong.”
“I would definitely recommend the HVT to anyone that is pressed for time throughout their day and looking to get in a quick solid workout”
- One machine combines strength and endurance training
- A space-saving design will fit nicely in a home or office
- Bowflex offers a 6-week guarantee (less shipping and handling)
- Financing is available
- 2-year warranty
- Pre-set workout programs
- Work out in about 18 minutes
- There are many positive customer reviews.
- Save money by canceling your gym membership
- Cables sometimes hang up on each other
- Some complain there is not enough resistance, but others have had no problems with this at all. One user explains that he has adapted his movements to increase the difficulty.
- It’s a pretty expensive machine
Who is HVT good for?
- Athletes looking to increase speed and power
- People who want a fast and efficient full-body workout
- Anyone who is looking to improve core strength
- You want a machine capable of both cardio and strength building
- Folks who are looking to improve their range of motion
- Anyone who wants to change up their current fitness routine
- You want to build endurance
- People interested in a full-body workout at home
- You are looking for a functional movement workout
Who is the HVT not for?
- People looking for a more leisurely workout, like walking
- Bodybuilders who need to lift massive amounts of weight
- You love spending hours at the gym working out (or not working out LOL)
Conclusion: Bowflex HVT Review
If you are looking for a great all-in-one machine for an efficient and effective workout, I think the HVT is worth a look. One machine that can help you build endurance and strength is something to consider taking a look at.
As with any piece of workout equipment, some people will love it and some not so much. The vast majority of people using this machine like it a lot and get a great work out in a short amount of time. Maybe you are busy at home with kids and do not want to go to the gym at night after the dust settles.
Maybe you work a lot, and the same result, you get home late and do not want to venture out again. A machine like this gives you an opportunity to get your heart rate up, and get a great work out at home and do it quickly.
If you are ready to purchase a Bowflex HVT, or would like additional information, please click below.
I would love to hear what you think about this product.
What do you like most about this Bowflex HVT?
Thank you for taking time out of your day to read this review. If you have any questions or comment, please leave them below and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Or you can always contact me directly as well.