Bowflex adjustable dumbbells are a great addition to any home gym. No longer do you need a cumbersome rack of dumbbells in your garage, basement, patio, or wherever you have room. If you are interested in a pair of unique adjustable dumbbells, I encourage you to take a closer look at Bowflex SelectTech, Bowflex’s answer to adjustable dumbbells.
- 1 What makes Bowflex adjustable dumbbells unique?
- 2 Bowflex SelectTech models
- 3 What I like about the Bowflex adjustable weight dumbbells
- 4 Who are Bowflex adjustable dumbbells for?
- 5 Conclusion: Bowflex adjustable weight dumbbells
Adjustable weight dumbbells are a great alternative to an entire rack of weights at home. But, when it comes to choosing adjustable dumbbells, there are a lot of factors to consider, different weight ranges, adjustment mechanisms, build quality, etc.
You really replace a rack (maybe multiple racks) of dumbbells with just one pair of Bowflex adjustable dumbbells. You don’t need a bulky rack of traditional weights that take up a lot of space. Bowflex adjustable dumbbells can replace your whole rack with a single compact design that fits well, just about anywhere. There’s even a kettlebell in Bowflex’s dumbbell lineup.
What makes Bowflex adjustable dumbbells unique?
This locking mechanism is what sets SelectTech apart from other adjustable dumbbells on the market and makes for fast and precise adjustments. Selecting the weight you want is a snap, with the turn of a dial.
With SelectTech dumbbells, you turn the dial to lock in only the weights you want. When you have successfully selected the weight you want, you will feel the dial settle into a notch, and you will hear a click. It’s as simple as that.
Another unique feature to SelectTech is the offset weight selection, meaning you can choose different weight settings on either side of the dumbbell. Using offset weights can be a great benefit for more advanced lifting techniques.
Bowflex SelectTech models
There are a few SelectTech adjustable weight models to choose from. Here’s a quick overview of each.
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells
Weight range – Dumbbells adjust from 10 to 90 pounds
Weight settings – Weights are set in 5-pound increments from 10 to 90 pounds
These bad boys help you replace up to 34 dumbbells. Did you hear that? 34 dumbbells! The 1090 series is the most substantial set offered in the SelectTech line. This set is excellent not only for upper-body workouts but the heavier weights have your lower body covered as well.
In addition to reducing your dumbbell count, the 1090 series adjustable dumbbells help you improve your fitness level. You will not quickly outgrow this set with a wide range of weight options available. SelectTech 1090 is a versatile set of adjustable dumbbells that you will enjoy for years to come.
- Use the Bowflex SelectTech App to journal your strength training
- Space efficient - say goodbye to 17 sets of dumbbells
- Select the weight you want with a turn of a dial
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 10 poundsto 90 poundss
- Durable molding around metal plates provides for a smooth lift-off and quieter workouts
Bowflex SelectTech 560 Dumbbells
Weight range – Dumbbells adjust from 5 to 60 pounds
Weight settings – Weights are adjustable in 2.5-pound increments up to 25 pounds, then 5-pound increments to 60 pounds
Next up is the 560 series, which can replace an entire rack of dumbbells. Among the cool features are Integrated Bluetooth Technology and video coaching. You definitely will not find these features in your run of the mill weights.
Video coaching offers workouts for all fitness levels, from novice to the more advanced. The dumbbell is not so dumb after all, as it also tracks your progress, including reps, calories burned, and more.
The 560 is a perfect addition to a home gym or is a great way to get started with a home gym.
- Integrated Bluetooth connectivity syncs and records sets, reps and weight
- Track and record sets, reps and weight with the three dimensional Trainer app
- Replaces up to 30 dumbbells and allows you to select your weight with a turn of a dial
- Durable molding around metal plates provides for a smooth lift off and quieter workouts
Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells
Weight Range – Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 pounds to 52 pounds
Weight Settings – 2.5 and 5-pound increments
The 552 eliminates 15 sets of traditional dumbbells and helps to free up your workout space. This set of adjustable dumbbells has premium grips and an easy to turn dial for selecting your weight.
There are enough weight options for a lot of different exercises and muscle groups. Given the variety these dumbbells offer, you will see your fitness level continue to improve.
Bowflex SelectTech 840 Kettlebell
Weight Range – Adjusts from 8 to 40 pounds
Weight Settings – Varies
Last, but certainly not least is the SelectTech Kettlebell. Kettlebells are very popular today, and you will love the diversity of these weights. Again, the adjustable kettlebell will eliminate the need for multiple kettlebells that take up space. This set will replace six kettlebells, and I can tell you from experience, that is a big space saver.
Kettlebells are popular for a wide variety of exercises, including swings, get-ups, and full-body workouts. Kettlebells are one of my favorite weights to work out with given the versatility and the ability to switch from one exercise to another easily.
I like kettlebells because they let you combine cardio and strength training for a great workout. They provide an off-balance experience, which is also great for helping to develop core strength. The same dial technology as the dumbbells is used with the SelectTech KettleBells, so choosing your weight is easy.
- With the turn of a dial, automatically change your resistance from 8 pounds all the way up to 40 pounds
- Rapidly switch from 1 exercise to the next, and perform a wide variety of full-body exercises
- Space-efficient design replaces up to 6 kettlebells
- Adjust in small increments with weight selection dial to gradually increase your strength
- Weight settings include 8, 12, 20, 25, 35 and 40 pounds
What I like about the Bowflex adjustable weight dumbbells
No matter which SelectTech dumbbell you choose, you can improve your fitness level with the wide weight range. If you are a beginner or more advanced workout fiend, there is ample weight to get a great workout.
The weight settings are fantastic because on the lower end, you have smaller increments and on the higher end, more significant increases. These settings help you improve performance no matter what your current fitness level is.
Extra weights for lower body
The SelectTech 1090 offers the most substantial weight range and is suitable for folks who are looking to bulk up or those who need heavier weights. The heavier weights are great for improving lower body strength through exercises like lunges and squats.
Eliminates the need for racks of dumbbells
Space-saving is the single largest factor with these Bowflex adjustable dumbbell weights; you can remove a rack of dumbbells. Just think of all the space you can save.
Who needs a gym membership?
Combine a set of Bowflex SelectTech dumbbells with a Bowflex adjustable bench, and you can get a complete workout in the comfort of your own home. You don’t need a gym membership to get a great workout on your own time in your own place. You can save time and money, not to mention you don’t have to fight over equipment as you do at the gym.
- Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- Lets you rapidly switch from one exercise to the next
- The Bowflex 5.1S Stowable Bench is our top of the line weight bench
- Adjusts to six different positions, 17 degree decline to 90 degree incline
Wide variety of adjustable dumbbells to choose from
Whatever your fitness goals are, you can achieve them with Bowflex adjustable dumbbells. There is a set of dumbbells for just about everyone.
Downsides? The only real negative we came across was that the dumbbells do not come with a stand, but you can purchase one separately.
Who are Bowflex adjustable dumbbells for?
Who are these good for?
- People who want to gain muscle and burn fat
- People looking to workout at home
- Sports and strength training enthusiasts
- Anyone who wants to improve their overall fitness level
- Folks who want to eliminate a lot of dumbbells from their workout area
- You want to start a space-saving home gym
Who are these not good for?
- If you are super into cardio only, you probably want a treadmill or Max Trainer instead
- Serious big time bodybuilders who need a dedicated gym with a ton of weight
Conclusion: Bowflex adjustable weight dumbbells
SelectTech adjustable weights allow you to get a great workout at home, and eliminate a lot of dumbbells. The ability to replace up to 34 dumbbells is pretty darn impressive. Bowflex has designed an excellent dial and locking system with the adjustable dumbbells that is top-notch.
The kettlebells are a great addition to this lineup, and I love working out with kettlebells. The ability to work on cardio and strength at the same time is a great advantage over traditional weight training.
The dial and locking mechanism make choosing your weight easy. A wide variety of weight ranges and increments is fantastic for all fitness levels.
If you want to get a great workout at home and improve your fitness level, I encourage you to take a closer look at these adjustable weights from Bowflex.
Bowflex Adjustable Weight Dumbbells
Available Features - 95%
Functionality - 95%
Design - 95%