Welcome to my NextRoller vibrating foam roller review. In this post, I will discuss the features and benefits of using a vibrating foam roller. If you have been thinking about purchasing a vibrating foam roller, let’s see if this model from Nextrino is right for you.
- 1 What does a vibrating foam roller do?
- 2 What makes NextRoller unique?
- 3 What I like about NextRoller
- 4 Is NextRoller for you?
- 5 Other things to note
- 6 Conclusion: NextRoller vibrating foam roller
- 7 NextRoller Vibrating Foam Roller
- 8 Pros
Adding a foam roller to your gym bag can be a handy tool. Foam rollers have long been a necessity with sports training and physical therapy. A foam roller can help warm up muscles before a workout, increasing range of motion and flexibility. Rolling out after a workout can help speed up recovery.
Using a vibrating foam roller takes foam rolling to the next level, adding benefits you just can’t get from a standard roller.
What does a vibrating foam roller do?
Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of using a vibrating foam roller.
Reduce muscle soreness
When you start a new exercise routine or increase the intensity or your current routine, you may experience delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). DOMS is the pain and stiffness you feel several hours or days after strenuous exercise. NextRoller helps to alleviate this pain and soreness quicker .
If you have ever used a TENS unit, you may already be aware that vibration is used in pain management. One study found that vibration therapy applied with moderate pressure reduced muscle pain in about 69% of patients suffering from chronic and acute muscle pain 
Improves range of motion
You have probably heard about fascia, it’s quite a popular term these days. Fascia is what connects muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, etc. Fascia is the body’s connective tissue.
When fascia is unhealthy, it is clumpy, tight, sticky, and forms adhesions, you know, muscle knots. Sometimes knots become so bad that this can limit your range of motion.
Some ways the fascia becomes unhealthy are lack of use or overuse. So, if you sit a lot, like most people do these days, or maybe overdue it at the gym, you can get tight and sore.
Using a foam roller with vibration helps to break up these adhesions and increase your range of motion.
Help improve athletic performance
Do you know how it feels to work out when you are super sore? I can attest to the fact that it’s not much fun at all. Hobbling around with sore muscles can severely limit your range of motion and athletic performance. It’s hard to move correctly when your muscles are sore.
NextRoller vibration helps to target and loosen up tight muscles, so you will be able to perform at a high level.
Reduce the risk of injury
Many of the topics we covered up to this point will help to reduce the risk of injury. By improving the range of motion and reducing muscle soreness, you give your muscles the best chance to perform so they can take the punishment you are dishing out.
Whew, that was a lot of information, so how about we get on with this NextRoller review!
What makes NextRoller unique?
There are 3-speed settings (yep, you guessed it, low, medium and high) on this foam roller. If you are just getting started with a vibrating foam roller, it does take a little getting used to versus a standard model. Having three speeds to choose from is excellent, as it puts in you control of how much vibration you want.
The low setting honestly is relatively robust, especially if you have not used a vibrating foam roller. The more you use it, the better you will understand and figure out which speed works best for you.
Portable and rechargeable
The roller measures 6 inches in diameter by 13 inches long, making it easy to take with you. The internal battery gives you over two hours of vibration.
The roller comes with a charging cable. The charging port is tucked neatly away under the carry handle.
Easy to use
NextRoller is very easy to use. Just use it like a traditional foam roller and choose the vibration speed you want. There is a dial on the opposite end from the charging port that makes it super easy to change your vibration setting.
You can use the roller on a hard floor like tile or wood or on carpet, no problem.
The roller is firm; that is for sure. Depending on how much pressure you want or like, you may have to play around with it.
The high-density surface has a variety of different textures (flat spots and rugged spots) that will dig and reach those tight areas when you need it to. You can workout your adhesions and really dig into your muscles.
Two-hour battery life
Battery life is a big deal on all of our devices, and NextRoller gives you over two hours of battery life. Depending on how often and how long you use your roller, the two-hour charge should last you quite a long time.
If you roll five minutes before and after a workout that’s ten minutes of the 120+ minute charge, just to give you an idea
The frequencies on NextRoller vibrating foam roller are:
- Level 1: 20Hz / 1200RPM
- Level 2: 40Hz / 2400RPM
- Level 3: 60Hz / 4000RPM
What I like about NextRoller
The NextRoller vibrating foam roller is a useful tool to help you before and after workouts. The vibrating element helps with quicker recovery between workouts, and it just feels great when you use it. Foam rolling is an effective way to increase your range of motion and decrease soreness.
Won’t break down over time
NextRoller is dense, and it will not break down over time like traditional rollers. This is a very well-built and reliable unit that will last for a long time. NextRoller is not heavy. You may think that something substantial like this would be rather heavy, but the roller is pretty lightweight.
The texture will get the tough spots
I touched on this previously, but I think it’s an important point to cover again. The NextRoller has a dynamic surface that includes hard, chunky spots that will dig in and get challenging knots. There are also flat areas on the surface of the roller for more general rolling out.
The carrying handle makes NextRoller easy to take with you. This may not seem like a big deal, but it’s just a little thing that really makes it easier to tote around.
You can grow into it
There are a couple of points I want to make here, so hang with me.
First of all, NextRoller is dense, so you may want to apply less pressure when you first start out. This means that you have room to grow with the roller. You won’t need to buy a harder foam roller down the road because this one is too soft.
Second, with three levels of vibration, you can start out on low, and over time you can work your way up to high.
So, with a variety of surface dimensions and variable speed vibration, NextRoller offers a lot, and you won’t outgrow it anytime soon.
Is NextRoller for you?
Who is NextRoller for?
- Anyone who wants a dense foam roller
- People looking for the added element of vibration
- People who want to recover quicker in between workouts
- Anyone who want deep tissue massage
- You want to increase range of motion and flexibility
- You want to incorporate vibration massage into your warm-up and cool-down routine
Who is NextRoller not for?
- People who are sensitive or brand new to foam rolling
Other things to note
The customer reviews are excellent for NextRoller, people really like it.
Since this is a dense foam roller, I would recommend starting out with light pressure. You can adjust your body weight and find out what works for you.
You may also want to consider using the roller against a wall when appropriate, like for your upper back, just to get the feel of it before using it on the floor with more pressure.
You can also use the roller without vibration if you want to :).
Conclusion: NextRoller vibrating foam roller
Using a foam roller provides a lot of benefits for pre and post-workout. NextRoller takes foam rolling to a new level with the added element of vibration. If you are in the market for a foam roller, I encourage you to take a good hard look at NextRoller.
Vibration provides an additional component that allows you to get deeper into your muscles. If you are looking for faster recovery, improved range of motion, or just want to move and feel better, NextRoller can help you achieve your fitness goals.
- THE VIBRATING FOAM ROLLER TRUSTED BY PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES: The NextRoller combines vibration and foam rolling to help professional athletes reach peak performance (we've been featured on CBS, NBC, FOX, and more). We help the pros excel, and we can help you achieve your fitness goals too!
- CUTTING EDGE 3-SPEED VIBRATION TECHNOLOGY: Choose between low, medium, and high intensities to apply the perfect amount of pressure to each of your sore muscles and joints. The NextRoller can help relieve muscle pain in your lower and upper back, knees, IT band, quads, hamstrings, and more.
- YOUR PERSONAL MASSAGE THERAPIST: Our foam roller incorporates vibration to aid recovery, mobility, and flexibility before and after weightlifting, CrossFit, yoga, jiu jitsu, running, cardio, or any other exercise. It's the ideal muscle roller for self massage and myofascial release to make sure your body is prepared to excel and remain injury free.
- PORTABLE AND RECHARGABLE: The NextRoller measures 6" in diameter and 13" in length. Our simple, included wall-outlet charging cable makes it easy to get a massage any time, anywhere. One full charge will give you over two hours of vibrating massage!
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY: We've crafted the NextRoller out of the highest quality materials and are so sure you will love it that we offer a 100% no-questions-asked one year warranty. Try the NextRoller today, risk-free, and experience unbeatable deep tissue massage from the best vibrating foam roller on the market!
Last update on 2020-01-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them below. For other great foam roller options, check out my post here.
Thanks for stopping by today.